Sunday, October 01, 2006

Just Another Day...?!! - Part 2 (Intro)

The ‘I’ here may not be me, but it may not not be me either… (“I” need this shield of anonymity to ensure greater honesty)

A lot of things have changed since then, a lot. Then – when I was into it (from head to toe, with heart giving a lead) – I had no doubts whatsoever that I am in love. After many-a deliberations, to my dismay, I do have some reservations now. Well, on second thoughts (plz bear with me. I am not yet at peace with the matter completely, and seek to realize, myself, while I narrate. So there are bound to be second thoughts, and deliberations, and oxymoron.), even then, deep within, I had my doubts. But, then I believed what I wanted to believe – that it is but Love! And I did my bit to convince my conscious. Afresh from an all-boys residential, and hailing from a conservative small-town, I found my guide in Bollywood. I detested songs till then; each one of it now held a special meaning for me. I would sit in the corner of the TV room, smiling at the secret messages that the songs invariably had to deliver; and at the sheer ignorance of my peers at that. I would accompany the hero in his every mission to win Her heart; and rather sub-consciously, try to emulate his efforts.
I am not going to narrate an account of this one-sided affair here, for despite all wishful-thinking this may not be different or superior to just any other love-labour-lost saga, but I intend to discuss the implications and repercussions, and the life thereafter...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate the way you complicate things and i love the way you make it simple..
Gud work.

Anonymous said...

ah!
guess who's here!!!
i've had to traverse a multitude of blogs owing to ashwins modesty of keeping "kyun crux clan" here a secret...;)
probably being a part of the clique would be most flattering but nevertheless i indend to make a good use of the visitors pass to enjoy the "good company" of varun singhal,ankush,priyabrat and the inimitable aswin sinha!
great work guys
cheers
pai

Varun said...

Dear Anonymous
Life gets only as complicated as you want it to be! And honestly, even i do believe that it's beauty lies in simplicity!!
I, here, am trying to be as honest as possible (that doesn't mean d story is 'necessarily' true! All it means is that d feelings i pour here, will be pristine!). Like all true egotists, i do believe my thoughts to be quite profound, so when on rereading them i find a hint of shallowness, i try and cover that up with histrionics of words!

hey, do give a name to ur comments, i wud then be able to know if i'm refering to the same person..else, we'll always pick up d conversation from scratch!